Well, I took a deep breathe and began to take the Lady to pieces. I was terrified but spurred on because I want to take it to the Steam Show at Onslow at the end of August and I want it to look great when I do!
The first thing I did was to have a new handle for the hand brake made, what do you think? A very nice neighbour made it for me from a solid piece of aluminium.
After stripping the pram down I sent a lot of the chrome work for rechroming, such as these finials on the chassis, which had seen better days. Luckily the wheels didn't need doing they cost upwards of £150 to have re-chromed.
Beginning to take everything apart
The interior Nanny purse is on the extreme right, at the 'handle end ' of the pram.
I can't tell you what hard work it all was, especially as I didn't have all of the right tools, like a sander polisher for instance, but I won't have that problem again, I am ordering one in the morning, it's far too hard without one! But here you can see some of the paintwork when I had finished. It still needs more polishing and if I get any better at it I will probably decide to do it again at some point. I want it to be perfect and I still don't feel that it is at the moment, although it is a lot better than it was.
Famous last words! I kept looking at it and thinking that I didn't like this and I didn't like that so I stripped it all down again and it is awaiting it's second coat at the moment! (August 2007) Here are a couple of photographs of what I managed the first time anyway and I hope it isn't too long before I can show you the end result. Never mind it is all practice I suppose!