The first thing that I did was to remove the hood and apron. I am afraid that I forgot to take a photograph of this, which was a fine start!
The hood is actually only fixed to the body of the pram by two screws which are located along side the canopy knobs, just under the fold of fabric on the bottom part of the hood frame. You can easily just lift up the fold slightly and undo the cross headed screw. There is one on each side of the pram. After that it is a simple job to stand behind the pram and slide the hood off to the rear, which disengaged two little metal lugs which push into the back of the body and support the rear of the hood stopping it from falling down in any way.
The next thing I did was to undo 12 little cross headed screws which fastened the base of the pram in place and lifted it out. It is only made of painted hardboard and I think I will be replacing it with a new section, when I put it all back together again.
The next job was the to remove the two little chrome fittings which accept the safety reins. They are held on with two crossheaded screws again and beneath the metal bracket you can hopefully see a little plastic plate which lies behind it and presumably protects the lining from being damaged by rein clips. Sorry about this photograph, it is rather blurred! These fittings will get a good clean and new screws instead of the rather rusty ones and if necessary I will have the rein fittings re-chromed I think.